https://mikemontague.com/wp-content/uploads/Mike-Montague-People.png 512 1024 Mike Montague https://mikemontague.com/wp-content/uploads/MM-Mike-Montague.png Mike Montague2016-08-21 07:31:312016-08-21 07:32:02Building a LinkedIn Network That Actually Adds Value
Building a LinkedIn Network That Actually Adds Value
Mike Montague on People – Hello Tech Pros Podcast
Mike was invited to be a guest on the Hello Tech Pros Podcast with Chad Bostick to talk about how to build your professional network, build relationships, and how to communicate.
- People think soft skills and communication can’t be learned, but they can.
- Be strategic about how you build your personal network.
- Facebook is designed for “real” friends and connections.
- Twitter is great for celebrities and brands because you don’t need to follow back.
- LinkedIn is the business network, but you need to get specific on who you add.
- LinkedIn is a platform for developing interpersonal relationships.
- When you’re moving public/private roles you have different criteria on what social strategy to use.
- Have a litmus test before creating or accepting new invitations.
- The most powerful networks are small, tight groups with diverse people.
- Reply with a message before accepting: “Thanks for connecting, how can I help you?”